Friday, October 8, 2010

My Crafty Room

In order to make crafts, you have to have a place to do it. Before I lived in the house I'm currently in, my place to make crafts was the same as my place to do homework, my place to eat dinner, my place to cook, my place to play games, and basically do anything. The apartment we lived in was small, and it worked for us for 7 years. But now we have a house and I have an entire room of my own that I can craft in.

This means no more putting away all of my sewing stuff so that I can paint something or eat dinner. It's nice! And I figure I'd give you a little tour. It does look like a mess. But it's a well organized one (to me).

Welcome to my craft room! My husband helped me hang some peg board for organizing and storing different things. It's been SO handy.


Here is my sewing table. Its a good sturdy table so it doesn't vibrate when I sew. I've sewn on wobbly ones before, and it's really annoying. You can also see my idea board to the right and my home-made thread rack on the left wall.


Here is my super messy corner. But it's actually quite organized for me. I've got boxes of boxes for shipping and polyfil for stuffing. And a quaint little spot for my daughter to sit with me while I craft. She can't walk in the walker yet, so she just sits there, chewing on her toys, throwing them off the little table, and then staring at herself in the mirror. I enjoy it almost as much as she does. :)

Next is my shelf. I made this shelf about 2 years ago when I first moved to Tulsa. Each shelf had a purpose when I made it, but as it gets used I've rearranged many things. I also have 2 dressforms (fancy!). The short purple one is old. It's from my husbands grandma. I was so happy/thrilled/thankful when they passed it down to me from one of her daughters. It's a really good one. You can adjust basically every measurement you'd want to! The taller blue dress form is one I bought myself last year when I was making my sister's wedding dress. The purple one doesn't get large enough for my sister, so I bought a second one. Now my room just looks fancy. :)

Here is my extra storage, the closet. Almost all of the tubs are filled with fabric. I've got old patterns in one and some of my finished products in another.


And my ironing station. It's comical. I have 11 year old cutting/ironing mat placed on top of a box of my old high school papers. It works though. I am not usually making big things, so this little 12x18 area suits my needs.


And there you have it. My craft room!

0 comments: