Friday, October 1, 2010

Crinkle Toy for a Nerdy Baby

My daughter enjoys crinkle toys, as I'm sure many babies do. So what would make sense for me to do? Well, make her one of course!


It was quickly decided that I'd make it shaped like a normal distribution. We also decided to use terry cloth for the back and flannel for the front. But how are we going to make it "crinkle"? I first thought of Sun Chip bags. Boy can those babies crinkle!! Jeepers! But being "compostable" I was afraid it wouldn't hold up to drool and washing. So we had to think of something else. I eventually decided to use a thick plastic from a pretzel bag. I know, weird to use trash. But so far it's worked great! It's been chewed on and washed multiple times. I air dry it, and it seems to be holding up really well!

The best part is, she likes it. :)


0 comments: